<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

4.16.2004

Friday News 
Oops, it's Friday and I didn't post yesterday. Well, I was too busy working and watching the Apprentice finale. Bill got hired. I would have picked Kwame. Regardless, it's over and I can move on... So in that spirit, Here's the news that's important to me. First off, Intel's list Most Unwired College Campuses was released:
Intel's "Most Unwired College Campuses" survey ranks the top 100 schools for wireless computing access. The survey reveals a growing number of schools across the country where students have the freedom to wirelessly access the Internet on notebook PCs - without a traditional wired connection - and stay connected and informed whether they're in the dorm room, library or outdoors at the campus quad.
The most wired college campus was Indiana University - Bloomington (Bloomington, Ind.). Davidson pulled up the rear in 81st place... Way to go Wildcats. I think we have one building on campus with wireless network access. Yee Haw! In other news, my favorite video game of all time is getting a new installment. That's right, Fallout III is being resurrected. This is even better news than you might assume, since a few months ago, Interplay shut down Black Isle Studios the department in charge of the franchise. I have no idea when it will be released, but I'm excited none-the-less. And, since I hate waiting, I've found a way to occupy myself in the here and now The Bush Shoot-Out. Take control of George W. and Dr. Rice as you defend the White House from invading forces... And don't forget to shoot-up the scenery. Enjoy!