<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

5.13.2004

E3 Update 
For all of you on waiting on baited breath for my comments on today's E3 events, wait no longer. As a follow up to my posting on the Nintendo DS, someone has traced the origins of the DS back to 1983... take a look. It's rather uncanny... someone at Nintendo must have taken a stroll down memory lane and thought, "The Donkey Kong Game & Watch was one hell of an idea, let's spruce it up a little and relaunch it as a badass handheld console." I mean, if I worked at Nintendo I would have stumbled onto that idea years ago. I had one back in the day, and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It was green, and it was actually called Donkey Kong Jr. (Buy my childhood on EBay... I'd buy it, but it's already up to $125 Australian, which is about $86 US, and I can't afford that, though I want it)... anyway, it kicked ass, but I digress. In other video game news, Put on Your PJs and Run Playboy. Wired news has this story about a new game where you can try your hand at running the Playboy empire:
"You can create your own Playboy magazine and throw your own parties," Hefner said.
I'm not sure of the release date, but that one looks like it could get me into trouble. More from the Bandit on the flipside.