<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

5.05.2004

The bandit can run 
Hey everybody, guess what I did this morning? I ran a 5k road race at 8:00 AM... that's 3 miles... and I did it all with no formal training, exercise, or booze in my system... and without walking I might add. I know, I'm impressed. I hurt like the dickens, but I'm still impressed. The race was the ACLI Capital Challenge. It was a nice course through Anacostia park. And aside from wanting to die at the start of mile 3 and not feeling any better even after I finished the race, it was a good way to start the morning. I finished in just about 28 minutes, which for those of you keeping score, that's about a 9:20 mile... I'll update you tomorrow on the status of my legs, and whether or not they've fallen off. But in the meantime, take a load off and enjoy the scenic cityscape as you leap tall buildings in a single bound with City Jumper.