<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

10.06.2004

My new dream machine 
It's my birthday on Friday, and I finally know what I want: Sony's Vaio X. It goes on sale in Japan on November 20 for around $4,727, so it's okay if you don't have it for me on Friday. I'll understand. And I know, it's a lot of money to spend on someone, but do you know what it does? It's a supercharged TiVo and a supercharged Media PC in one clever box. It is offering 1 terabyte of storage space with an optional 300 GB expansion. It lets you record up to 7 channels simultaneously and with it's enormous storage space it can save a week's worth of programming from 3 different stations, or say 2 days worth of programming from 7 different stations. Or you could store 10 full 40GB ipods worth of music on your machine and a week's worth of TV from any station of your choosing. The possibilities are endless. I want it.