<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

10.14.2004

Love & Methane 
I recently discovered The Sneeze. It's pretty funny. But while I was reading it, I came across a gem of a post entitled Love & Methane: An Open Discussion. It's all about the appropriate time to fart in front of your significant other.
I'm curious about a milestone we reach in relationships. People have very specific thoughts and rules about when it's okay to have sex for the first time, but when is it cool to fart?

Is there a proper etiquette to crossing this bridge? What's the best way to do it? Do you think it's good to get it right out there in the open, or wait like my father and literally let your very first shared emission be in the elevator on your honeymoon. (I love that, and salute him for his timing.)
Well, the anecdote that follows is fairly humorous, but the real goods are tucked away in the comments. Over 130 people have responded sharing those truly heart-felt moments when the first gas was passed. I know it's a little crude, but it's real, and it's funny. Heck, it's real funny. Enjoy.