<$BlogRSDUrl$>

BuffaloBandit's Blogtastic Blog
The best nonsense on the Web and various other gimcracks and gewgaws.

7.31.2004

Embrace the '80s 
Daily refill has a great post about 55 things you'll definitely remember if you grew up in the '80s. It's definitely worth a trip down memory lane: embrace the decade. Some of my favorites:
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair"
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales".
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on Saved By the Bell", the ORIGINAL class.
The list is a little biased for the ladies, so I have a few adjustments for the boys:
4. You know exactly what "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A" means and wouldn't have survived without it.
5. You tuned in every day because "Knowing is half the battle."
6. You paid $150 for shoes that pumped up six times and then broke.
10. You planned on moving to California to become a member of the CHiPs team.
13. You had either a He-Man, Knight Rider, or G.I. Joe Big Wheel.
16. You ever played Atari.
18. You know that a Physical Challenge is only an option after a Double Dare.
20. You had the coolest Trapper Keeper in school.
31. You believed in Bigfoot because of Harry and the Hendersons.
34. You ever had superheros on your underwear.
44. You had a school photo taken with the laser background.
46. You know the difference between Autobots and Decepticons.
50. You know the special powers of each of the Thundercats (except for Snarf).
So, those are my adjustments for the fellas. But in any case, check out the original, and leave me some feedback if I left anything off, which I know I did.